Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Chloride Compound during pregnancy Lock Rss

Hello,

I am 20 weeks pregnant and have had a bad run with flus and colds. I currently have had a bad cold for the past nearly 4 weeks and can't get rid of it. The chemist said there's nothing I can take. My 10month old daughter is the same only she has a bad cough as well.

I went to a health store yesterday and she suggested I take Chloride Compound and can give it to my daughter as well. She said it is safe during pregnancy. Do you know if this is safe to take? I'm probably being paranoid but my nose and sinuses are driving me mad and I'm sick of being sick. Or...do you have any suggestions?

Barb

Barb - Daughter born 26/06-05 No# 2 due 17 Sep 06

Hi Barb,
Thank you for your enquiry. Just to be sure you should double check with your pharmacist if the preparation is safe to take during pregnancy. Sometimes natural products don’t list the actual quantities of some ingredients and you need to be sure what is in it is safe. Take the bottle to the pharmacist and they will check for you. Otherwise, you can try regular inhalations using eucalyptus oil and warm water. These really help clear sinuses. Vicks preparations are also safe and provide some relief.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic