Huggies Forum

aneanic Lock Rss

the doctor said im aneamic and that the pills i was taking wasnt working so now i am on more pills.
but will that baby be ok? i have six weeks to go can i boost it back up to normal?
Hey, I'm highly anaemic but the pills worked for me during pregnancy,
There are many iron rich foods thankfully, would eating lots of them help in any way?

Foods that are a good source of iron include:
liver
lean red meats, including beef, pork, lamb
seafood, such as oysters, clams, tuna, salmon, and shrimp, etc.
beans, including kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils
iron fortified whole grains, including cereals, breads, rice, and pasta
greens, including collard greens, kale, mustard greens, spinach, and turnip greens
tofu
vegetables, including broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, watercress, brussel sprouts
chicken and turkey
blackstrap molasses
nuts
egg yolks
dried fruits, such as raisins, prunes, dates and apricots

Best of luck xx

Foods that are a good source of iron include:
liver

Its actually advised not to eat liver *gag* during pregnancy because of the high Vit A content.

Also just a quick tip; drink orange juice with your meals as the vitamin c aids iron absorbtion.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

If the pills don't work you can get iron injections- a set of five injections into your bum or otherwise a blood transfusion. My iron was low even with the iron tablets so had to have injections. They leave large bruises on your bum I still have my bruises after 4 months but my iron level became normal. The injections also slowly release the iron over months so it will keep your iron levels up while breastfeeding. Ask your midwife about it if the tablets don't work.
Sign in to follow this topic