Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Abdominal pains at 5 1/2 weeks Lock Rss

I m/c 6 weeks ago at 5 weeks so I am feeling really nervous about this pregnancy.
I have lots of strong symptoms such as tender breasts, tiredness, urinating alot and nauseousness
so I feel these are good signs, but the last few days I have a niggly pain mostly on the right hand side sometimes the left where I would assume my ovaries would be, its a consistant dull ache.
Is this normal? There are no signs of bleeding.
i went to my doctor at 6 weeks pregnant because of exactly the pains you described. she told me that it was completely normal and not to worry unless it became so severe i couldn't stand the pain and/or i had bleeding. i am now 30 weeks! i hope this helps you.

mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. There are many unusual aches during early pregnancy. These are mostly due to the uterus growing causing pressure on the ligaments that support the uterus. This does sound typical of this discomfort. However, if you are worried or do start to bleed you need to be checked over by your carers.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic