Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

labour question/general? Lock Rss

hi alex,

during the birth of my first child i had an anterior lip and was wondering what the chances of this happening again are and how can i help avoid it happening, is there anything i can do?
also my cervix didn't walk around on its own so my midwife had to force it around i was concerned for this aswell, is there anything i can do through my pregnancy to help reduce this from happening again?

thankyou for taking the time to read my question and i hope you can reply and give me advice.
leah
Hi Leah,
Thank you for your enquiry. More than likely a persistent anterior lip shouldn’t occur with any subsequent births. Your next birth is likely to be much straighter forward. There is really nothing that you can do to prevent this. It may have occurred because your body was tired at the end of labour or you may have been dehydrated. Next time, labour will probably quicker and you are less likely to get as tired. Even so, it is important to keep drinking and taking small amounts of food during labour to prevent problems.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic