Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Missed a period but NOT pregnant? Lock Rss

Hi there Alex,
My husband and I have been trying for number 2 bub!
I have been on the pill since July 2005 (After the birth of my daughter in May 2005) untill the end of March 2006. (Stopped taking the pill)
I have always had a normal menstrual cycle and never a problem.
BUT I got my last period on the 30th April 2006, thinking if I wasnt pregnant this month I would get my period!Well Im still waiting for it. It seems like its disappeared. I was due on the 30th of May!
Ive tried a number of pregnancy tests and had a bhcg blood test and they have come back NEGATIVE! which is fine but Im just a little concerned why I havent got my period?
I haven't had rapid weight gain/loss
No stress, No smoking, No drugs, No medication!
Just another normal month!
Can you please help me?
Many thanks
Stacey

Mum to Eva 23/5/05 and EDD with #2 - 23/3/05

Hi Stacey,
I know im not Alex but i just wanted to tell you that i had and have this problem - i came off Depo in August last year, took pill for a month and got period twice like clockwork then when we started TTC#2 my periods just stopped altogether and still have not started back up but i have had tests which say everything is normal and i am ovulating just a misteriously absent period!?

Anyway i hope you get your answers...

From Amber:)

Amber, DS Bailey 09/03/04 & DS Astin 04/07/07

Hi Stacey,
Thank you for your enquiry. Try not to be too concerned. Sometimes after stopping the pill your body takes a few cycles to return to normal. This is due to the hormone levels that are changed when you take the pill and these can take a while to get out of your system. If after a few months, you still have no period, you may want to discuss this with your GP and perhaps have some further tests.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic