Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

19wk scan, baby small? Lock Rss

I have just had my 19 week scan and have been told that my baby girl is a bit small, showing about a week or bit more behind what its measurements should be. My doctor is sure dates are right, as my 12 week scan measurements said I was 4 days ahead.
my first baby was induced 8 days overdue and weighed 9"1 so not a light baby then!
What can cause their growth to slow down, should I be worried or can this be normal ?

Thanks for your time

CJ ~ DS 4, DD 1

Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. Ultrasound dates are compared to an average of all birth weights and as you know all babies birth weights are different. The difference in your baby’s size compared to the average is only slight. And it probably is of no concern. The difference in size compared to your other child is that it may be a different sex and so is smaller. Your carers will monitor your baby’s growth over the next few months and they will soon be able to tell if there is a problem with the baby’s growth that needs further checking.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic