Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sharp Abdominal Pains during intercourse.... Lock Rss

Hi Alex,

Would you say that sharp belly pains are normal during sex? Being 7 weeks and not having sex for about two weeks until today... the belly had sharp pains and a lot of secretion during sex (more than normal when not pregnant, could this be leaking of amnotic fluid?)...

My first visit to the OB is not until 4th July... still a while away... should I call the doc anyway or just relax and not 'do it' until my first visit? Am I being paranoid?

What are your recomendations Alex?
Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. There can be some adjustments to your sex life when pregnant and it is not unusual to experience pressure in the early weeks during intercourse. Your discharge also changes when pregnant – it increases in amount and is a little more fluid like. At this early stage there is very little fluid inside your uterus, it is mainly a build up of blood to sustain the pregnancy. There is no reason to stop having sex unless you are experiencing problems with severe pain or bleeding. If this is the case you need to visit your doctor for a check up.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic