Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

concern re/non identical twins Lock Rss

Hi Alex,
Just wanted some extra information as this is our 1st pregnancy and its with twins, and i feel its getting closer.
im 32 weeks pregnant with them , the other night i was sleeping on my side then one moment i had a massive cramps or spasms on my side i had been lying on and it brought tears to my eyes and i couldnt move out of bed and i felt like i had no control of stopping the pain, after a quick pit stop and we went back in 2 bed, then next morning my stomach felt like a thunder tube was attached to me, i felt so... differnet..anyway i went to Dr ,cause weekly visit and he mention to me and could tell on scan that twin 1 has attached its selfs to my pevis and twin 2 is also head down as well, my concern is that twin 1 is a little smaller than twin 2 will that make a differance cause its smaller, and are they likly to move around now at this part of the pregnancy, and with both heads down now would that mean my pregnancy be sooner than later, and roughly how long do twin pregnancy go for in ur eyes..... srry he did explain but im just concerned and worried needed someone to talk to. thankyou kelly

kellyNSW,having twins 07/05

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your enquiry. It is quite common to get a bit more uncomfortable later in pregnancy as the weight of your babies increases. From now on you will be getting more frequent Braxton hicks contractions or tightenings that harden your abdomen but are infrequent, irregular and not overly painful. They are a normal part of pregnancy and help increase the blood supply around your uterus. This may be what you are experiencing.

The position of your babies’ sounds ideal as this is the best position to be born and it is not uncommon for them to get into position from now on and more than likely they will stay there. Twins do tend to be born a bit earlier than other single babies but if they are happy where they are, they are best left with you. It is preferred to keep all pregnancies at least until 36 weeks so that the babies are not premature and can suffer problems. Your Health Care Provider may scan or monitor the babies as the pregnancy progresses to ensure that the babies are happy. It is very common to have one twin larger than the other; your Doctor will be checking this and usually there are no problems with the size difference.

There is an organisation called the Multiple Births Association that provides support to parents with twins or more. There website address is: www.amba.org.au

Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>

Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic