Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pregnancy Lock Rss

Hi,

i just have a question i hope you can answer when is the best time to conceive? is it a week after your peiods stop or a week before they are due?

aimee

Aimee, 4 year old princess

Hi Aimee,

Thank you for your enquiry. Your menstrual cycle is based on an average of 28 days (many women have longer or shorter times between periods). The first day of your period is counted as day 1 of your cycle and it is documented that the majority of women are fertile 14 days before the start of your period (that is, day 14 of a 28 day cycle – this day may be earlier or later of your have a different cycle). The factor that is fairly standard is the ovulation 14 days prior to your period – so this is the best time to conceive (which may end up being a week after your period stops). I hope that you can understand all this. It can take a normal healthy couple up to 6 months to conceive and some can take up to 12 months – sometimes it can be first go!!!!

It’s the luck of the draw.

Best wishes,

Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>

Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic