Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Fundal Hight Lock Rss

Hi Alex

I have just been for an anti natal appoinment and the bestertrician said that she thought I was small for 37 weeks as my last baby was 4220kg at birth
this is my third baby 5th pregnancy have had two previous miscarrages in between each child.
At present I'm 37.5 weeks pregnant and my fundal Height is 34cm is this a big concern ???

Regards Trish.
Hi Trish,

Thanks for your enquiry. This is probably not anything to be overly concerned about. It may be the position of your baby that is making the measurement not as accurate – sometimes they can lie transverse (across your abdomen) – and this tends to lower your fundal height measurement. Your baby may also be of a different sex and therefore smaller than your previous baby. Also this measurement can also be measured slightly differently each time so it can affect the reading. The best measurement of your baby’s health is that it is active (lots of movements) and its mother is looking after herself and is seeing a health care provider regularly.

Best wishes,

Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>

Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic