Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Previous C-Section Scar Lock Rss

Hi Alex,

How wonderful to have you to ask these things! smile.

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant with baby number 3, my last child is almost 9 years old, and was an elective c/s,( my 1st was an emergency c/s), and the last few days I have noticed a kind of burning sensation around my scar..(not that I can see it!) but more on the left side of the scar.

Just wondering if this is normal?? I don't recall feeling this with pregnancy number 2(my 1st 2 were 21 mths apart)

Kind regards,
Tina smile .

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

Hi Tina,

Thank you for your enquiry. Some women do get scar tenderness and burning later in pregnancy. In most cases this is nothing to worry about but it should be checked by your Doctor. It is mostly due to the stretching of the scar tissue that is present on your skin and is not related to the scar on the uterus. But it is always better to be checked – so you may want to discuss this with your doctor where he can look at the scar more closely.

Best wishes,

Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>

Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic