Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Midwife - Pregnancy Q&As (Read Only)
  5. Almost 31 weeks, only measuring 28 weeks with fast baby heart rate

Almost 31 weeks, only measuring 28 weeks with fast baby heart rate Lock Rss

what doe sthis mean? my doc says not to worry but i saw the look on her face when she took the heart rate. the herat rate was 170 so I am not sure if that is just moderate high or high high. its normally 140. This is my 3rd pregnanayc and the baby was measuring 24 weeks at 24 but now at almost 31 its emasuring only 28. Should i be concerned?

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. The baby’s heart rate is expected to be between 120 – 160 beats per minute. It can go higher and lower than this depending on the baby’s activity level. If it was around 170 the baby may have been moving and kicking which is quite normal when it is disturbed during palpation. When measuring the fundal height at each visit this is really only a rough guide as to the size of the baby. If the baby continues to be small your carers will recheck your dates and may even request an ultrasound to check if it really is small.
Best wishes,
Alex.
NSW Midwives Association
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
hi
I had the same promblem at 32 weeks i was olnl measuring 28 and it turned out that the placenta wasnt feeding my lil girl and she was 4 weeks behind on her growth, she was born at 35 weeks and weighed only 3 pound 7 but completly healthy i would advise u to have it looked at again because u dont want the growth to slow down to much! hope all goes well for and ur baby goodluck

Sign in to follow this topic