Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pityriasis Rosea Lock Rss

I am 19 weeks pregnant and had a good bout of flue recently and developed a very spotty rash over my belly and breasts. I thought it was just a heat rash due to my temperature going up and down during the flue. The flue has gone but the rash has worsened all over my sides and back. My obstetrician has done blood tests to which all came back normal. My local GP has suggested it looks like Pityriasis Rosea and should go in about 3 - 6 weeks. He says it does not resemble PUPPP. I have no itching it is just very unsightly. Would this skin condition cause any kind of harm to my unborn baby. My Ultrasound was good but you cant see everything on an Ultrasound.

WA 15 month old

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. It sounds as if you are going through a bit of a rough time at the moment. Hopefully everything will clear up soon and you can enjoy your pregnancy. It is very difficult for me to comment on your skin condition and it is best that you discuss this with your GP and your obstetrician and any effects on your baby as they are the medical experts. I know only a little of the condition and that it is a virus and normally clears up in a couple of weeks without treatment. Sorry that I can’t be of more help.

Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>

Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic