Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

wont sleep in the day Lock Rss

i just have a few questions about my 8 week old bub i think he has reflux as he is a extreamly fussy feeder he cries a lot at feeding and when he is winded and passing wind. he get very easliy destressed and in the day time will sleep no more than 40minutes he will only sleep and hour if i sleep with him.
he dose sleep okay at night. 7 hours usually

I am not sure what to do with him and he is just so unsettled and distressed in the day.
I have tryed all the settling techniques and nothing is working for me
I feeling iam doing it all wrong. Iam also confused about doing a dream feed

thankyou for taking the time to read my email
justine williamson
my son was the same - i phoned this lady on the net her name was Rene - google baby whisperer - she was fantastic - she can come out to your home however she also takes calls - she gave me some advise over the phone and my son has slept during the day after she gave me this advise and still sleeps at night (she says that sleep promotes sleep) he sleeps for about 10hrs at night. have a look at her web site and if you feel comfortable you should deff give her a call - i have not looked back - it has really helped me and him.
my DD had reflux as a baby, and i had a lot of trouble getting her to sleep during the day. The only thing that worked for us was to sleep her on her tummy during the day. I know this is not recommended but I just used to check her frequently to make sure she was ok, and as several people said, try ANYTHING that works!
Good luck
Also if he has reflux have you heard of tummy tub? its a special shaped bath i never used one but they're meant to be really great for reflux babies and settling.
[Edited on 18/10/2007]
Hi Justine,

Firstly take you baby to your doctor and have him checked so you can be sure about colic and reflux and offer relief for him

We don’t offer a dream feed at this age in our program so take the time to read the techniques we offer carefully.

A feed/play/sleep routine is one I would recommend. Try to feed 4 hourly at about 2,6,10,2,6,10 This means you feed when baby wakes (if due) and then you play and you watch for tired signs. You will know these are tired signs because baby has had a feed already. Then you wrap baby straight away and settle into his bassinette. You can use our patting techniques to settle baby which are all hands on and no leaving baby at this age.

You can get an overview of our settling program from Your Baby’s Sleep section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, It's Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic