Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Not sleeping through the night Lock Rss

My baby is 7.5 months old and not yet sleeping though the night. She has a fairly good day routine (which has only been established over the past 3 weeks)
6am - wake up play in cot
7am - breastfeed
8am - solids
8:30 am - sleep
10am - breastfeed
11am - solids
12-1 - sleep
1 -2:30 - wake up and breastfeed
4:30 - solids
5:30 - bath
6:00 - breastfeed
6:30 - sleep

She wakes up for a feed twice a night usually around 10pm and 2am. My husband gives her a formula feed at 10 and I breastfeed at 2. I am sure it is more from a habit then hunger though she does tend to take a whole bottle at 10pm.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for what I can do to help her sleep at least from 10pm-6am, then I can work on losing the 10pm feed!

Thanks
Hi,

A baby should be able to sleep 7pm to 7am without and overnight feed from about 6 months on. She seems to be getting a good intake of food during the day so I would not imagine she is waking out of hunger but more for a comfort feed to resettle.

The most essential thing for getting a baby to sleep through the night is to get them to fall asleep on their own in their cot initially so they learn to resettle themselves when waking on their light sleep (as we all do) later.

A rollover feed is given more to give you confidence that baby is not hungry and when waking later you can go straight into settling techniques to resettle baby.

You can get an overview of our settling program from Your Baby’s Sleep section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, It's Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic