Huggies Forum

7 month old still won't sleep through Lock Rss

Hello

our 7 month old little girl is still waking during the night we have even attended a mother & baby unit (sleep school) but I don't know where to go from here.

I have done the settling techniques recommended to me for about 3 weeks now and when she wakes at 2.30am the only way to get her back to sleep is give her a bottle I am just wondering if I should just keep doing this when she wakes as the settling techniques & controlled crying don't seem to work and I am lost what else I can do

thanks

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melly,

I’m not sure exactly which program you are following so I don’t know if there is something different you should be doing.

I would suggest that you offer a 10pm rollover feed and use settling techniques for any other wakings during the night, knowing confidently that she isn’t hungry.

If you continue to offer the 2pm feed she will continue to wake for it.

The techniques we use are 2mins in the room and patting when baby is crying and stop the patting when baby stops crying. Then 2 mins out of the room and then building up to 4,6,8,10mins.

If you are following a program similar to this it could even be something a simple as patting baby off to sleep which will be a problem, or making eye contact or not using a repetitive message. Take a look at our settling program on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page to see if it offers anything different.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic