Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Waking earlier and earlier Lock Rss

My little man who is 13 weeks old now seems to be waking earlier and earlier each morning no matter what time he has his last feed.
We have a good routine of feed/play/sleep going. He used to wake between 6-6:30am feed at 6:30, play, go back down around 8am, wake 10-10:30 feed, play, go back down 12:30(sometimes he only naps for about an hour) feed 2:30, play, go to sleep around 4 if he only napped at lunchtime or if he slept he will nap in his rocker for about 45 mins. Bath around 6pm feed at 6:30pm. Sometimes he goes to sleep around 7-7:30 but often only naps until his last feed around 9:30-10pm. He sleep very well now since we've started this routine around 6 weeks. I put him down awake and 90% of the time he falls asleep himself, the other times I let him cry for about 6 mins go back in settle him by putting in his dummy, stroking his face and walking away and he usually goes to sleep after this.
For about the past 3 weeks or so he has been waking anywhere between 3:30am - 5:30am (usually the latter) I have tried everything to get him to settle back until 6am when I usually give in and get him up. I try putting his dummy in as soon as I hear him wake, leaving him for 5 minutes or so before going going in to settle him, sometimes I just ignore him (especially if it's really early). Sometimes they work mostly nothing works. If I do get him up earlier because he won't settle down he just sits happily in his rocker (no matter how long I make him wait) until 6:30am when I give him his feed. He doesn't cry or whinge for his feed at all. Over the past 5 days he has been fuss alot on his last feed at night. He'll drink from his bottle for about a minute then just cry and scream. The only way I can get him to settle when he does this is to let him bit/suck on my knuckle. After about 20 minutes of this he usually gives in and has his bottle and goes back to bed with no trouble at all. His room has dark navy curtains so doesn't get anymore light in there in the morning than what gets in from the street light outside at night.
Please give me something to work with or will I just have to go with the flow and let him settle it out for himself? I just want him to go back to sleeping to around 6ish. Thanks.
Hi,

Can I suggest that you get a copy of It’s Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK and follow the techniques for newborn to 6 mnoths. It will take you step by step through the settling program and I am always available for support online.
Huggies have a great discount offer on at the moment see <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/about_huggies/special_offers/bookoffer/">Member Exclusive Book Offers</a>.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic