Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

6 1/2 month old was sleeping though! Lock Rss

Hi, my 6 and a half month old son, used to sleep through the night from about 2 months old , but in the last 3-4 weeks he has started to wake 1-2 times a night. He doesn't seem to want anything, and i just wrap him back up and rub his tummy until he goes back to sleep. I have heard a lot about separation anxiety, but don't know what it is!? And also that still wrapping him is bad but could you please tell me why ? I don't know why his sleep patterns have changed, but I am about to go back to work and don't want to be getting up a few times a night aswell as working. Hope you can help!
Hi,
At about 8 months old a baby’s sleep cycle changes to around 60 minutes, they also experience what we call separation anxiety, where if mum is not around they become quite anxious. If these babies are being rocked off to sleep in mums arms and resettled sleeping into the cot, they will wake up in 1 hours time, wake up with a fright because mums not there, they will call out, mum goes back into the room and not knowing any other way of resettling the baby, will pick them up, rock them back off to sleep and put them back into the cot. These become bad habits and they are called sleep associations.

We do not recommend wrapping after 3 months a baby becomes more active and their arms need to be free incase they roll.

Take a look at our settling program for 6 to 12months and you may want to try using some settling technques when he wakes during the night.

You can get details on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page or formm It's Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic