Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Broken sleep patterns Lock Rss

My daughter slept 8-10 hours per night from 5 weeks. Then at 9 weeks she started waking a couple of times per night, as she was not feeding well and not putting on enough weight. From about 15 weeks she started sleeping from 7pm to 4am, but now at 5 months has started waking 2 or 3 times through the night. (She does not seem to be suffering from a lack of food, like she was previously.) My husband and I have both tried to resettle her with patting and rubbing and the dummy, to no avail. Usually after half an hour to 45 minutes we give up and I giver her a breastfeed. She does not fall asleep in my arms, but goes down very happily and puts herself to sleep for another few hours. We then go through the resettling battle again and again I feed her in order to get her down. She is also a poor sleeper during the day - she used to sleep for 45 mins 3 or 4 times a day. Then she changed a week or two ago to two longer sleeps (1 1/2 to 2 hours) and a shorter 45 min sleep, which was fabulous. This week she is sleeping 1/2 hour to an hour in the morning and middle of the day with a 1 1/2 hour sleep in the afternoon. What can I do to stop my daughter waking through the night and encourage her to have more regular, longer sleeps during the day?
Thanks Carly.
Hi Carly,
I think you would benefit greatly from following the <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's Time To Sleep</a> settling program Can I suggest that you get a copy of It’s Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Following the settling program visually will be a great help to you. It will also teach you how to resettle baby when catnapping during the day. From 6 months of age it will show you how to implement a rollover feed to get baby sleeping through the night.

A settling program needs to be followed fairly closely in order for it to work effectively and in the least amount of time. Also knowing you are doing the techniques correctly gives you confidence to persist when things get tough.

Huggies have a great discount offer on at the moment – see <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/about_huggies/special_offers/bookoffer/">Member Exclusive Book Offers</a>.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic