Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

grrr with the daytime sleep Lock Rss

Hey there, My 15month old, Mckenzie, is a perfect wee child when going to bed... AT NIGHT!! she may or may not have a shower, but either way she is taken to her bedroom, put into pjs, read two stories and put to bed, we have not had a complaint from her sudden change in this routine (only started this three weeks ago, before that she was having a bottle before bed).

her day sleep however.......... COMPLETELY different story!!
she gets up anywhere from 8am -9am and by around 2 -2.30pm is ready for a sleep. I read her, a story or two (just like at nighttime) telling her throughout that bedtime will be soon, and we are having trouble getting her too sleep!

She doesnt cry, but shes defiant, so too speak haha. It may take us about 40 minutes to get her to sleep but she just stands up and starts playing around, and being a clown!

We go into her after 10 mins remind her that its sleeptime, then wait another 10 mins and so on not saying a word. we have been doing this for about two weeks now, and its taken 40mins atleast everyday.

How much longer roughly will we have to wait for her to associate that bedtime story (read in her room) means sleep is near and any other tips u could give us would be appreciated. sorry for the blurb!!

Love Kel and Kenzie.xoxoxox
P.s It's not annoying i am very patient just would like to get this issue sorted, as she before this wouldnt go down unless she fell asleep on her bottle (comfort only, bad habit!!!) thats what were trying to break.

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

Hi,
You need to watch for her tired signs and if you know she is tired in the afternoon then you would be best to implement some settling techniques rather than just let her think it’s ok to play. The techniques we teach offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep. I would wait just 10 mins of play time and then ‘butt in’ using the settling techniques.

Also if you believe she would go down better with this afternoon bottle then let her have it but take it away before she falls asleep.

It can take up to 3 weeks to get a settling program working and sometimes only a few days.

You can get details for our settling program on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page or from It’s Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic