Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. the problem is not sleeping the problem is getting to sleep

the problem is not sleeping the problem is getting to sleep Lock Rss

Hi there,

I have a 7.5 month old ( 8 months in a couple of days) since day one, at the hospital the midwifes told me it is okay to rock them to sleep.
Although i have no problem when he sleeps he is a great sleepr, he has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old, and he still gets 2-3 hours of sleep during the day.

8 months down the track though and my son still
needs to be rocked to sleep he will not sleep on his own.

I was in dire straits so i called Karitane where they told me that i need to use the eat play sleep routine and come in and out of the room for every two minutes etc, i tried this and my son ended up being having no sleep during the day so i resulted in going back to the wrapping and rocking him in the bouncer .

I would like to know (a) will he grow out of this ? (b) is there another routine that i can get him into that is not so strenous, ie having to wrap him and rock him ?

Like a mentioned a very good sleeper will not wake at all during the night alas the getting to sleep is a hassle please help ...

Regards
Christine

CC's

Hi Christine,
To be honest you are very lucky that he does sleep through the night, most babies who are rocked to sleep do not know how to resettle themselves and wake frequently on their light sleep.
Sorry I have no suggestions other than the teaching him to sleep independently one and I would say you may be using this rocking method for some time to come.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic