Huggies Forum

Day sleeps... Rss

Hi Maree

I wonder if you can offer any advice on how I can get my son to sleep more during the day.

He is 4 & 1/2 months old and I try to get him to have 2 sleeps of 1 & 1/2 - 2 hours each. But most days he will only sleep for about 1 hour each sleep.

He goes down quite easily but wakes after the hour and will just cry and cry until I get him up. I have tried to resettle him on numerous occasions but he just gets himself so upset that he is inconsoluble (spelling?).

He is not sleeping through the night yet either but I'm not worried about that one just yet.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

Anything less than 1 hour is considered a catnap and at 41/2 months I would be looking for 2 to 3 naps a day. Try using our settling techniques as shown on the “Your Baby’s Sleep” page. It’s all hands on at this age, no leaving the baby to cry. If he wakes under 1 hour resettle using the techniques, resettle for up to 20 mins and if he’s not responding get him up and try again next sleep. It will be important to follow the feed/play/ sleep method and watch for tired signs, an over tired baby is harder to settle. You would expect him to be waking for one feed through the night

Good luck Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic