Huggies Forum

help with my 18 month olds sleeping Rss

my 18 month old son still doesnt sleep through the night, he wakes at least once normall around 2ish. i have tried all sorts of things to get him to go back to sleep, from controlled crying, giving him another bottle of milk, which he wont drink, water, playing lullabys, tucking him back in, going in and telling him to go back to sleep, leaving a night light on, etc. he has always been like this in the night. he went to a sleep day stay prgram at 8 months old but even this didnt improve him at all. he goes to bed at 8:30 usually with no problems and also has one day sleep at around 1:00 where he will sleep for around 2 hours. we have a routine of dinner, play, bath, p.j's cuddle story bed and have been doing this since he was about 5 monthd old. the only way to get him back to sleep is too bring him into my bed which i never used to worry about but now we are living in our own place and he has his own room i would really like him to atcually use it. if i leave him to cry he will scream until he starts vomiting. any suggestions would be great
It sounds like you’ve tried so many things and now he’s found one he loves – sleeping with you.

I would like you to try our controlled comforting techniques for 6 to 12 months on the “Your Baby’s Sleep” page, but not just when he wakes at 2am, also when he goes down to sleep at 8.30. I’m not sure how you actually put him to sleep at first but this could well be where the problem is. You need to clear repetitive messages that it’s time to sleep.

Vomiting is a power play thing and it surely gets your attention. You need to be armed with clean up equipment and do the job quickly without much eye contact and get on with the settling.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic