Huggies Forum

1 sleep a day Rss

Hi Maree,

I have a 7 month old boy, who for the past 2 weeks, has only been having 1 sleep a day. I put him down for his morning nap and he just lies there and gurgles. He doesn't cry or whinge...he just doesn't sleep. I can leave him ther efor an hour and he's happy to do so. I then get him up and when I put him back down for his afternoon sleep, he sleeps for about an hour and a half to 2 hours. He then is up until about 7pm, then he goes to sleep but has a really disturbed night sleep. He wakes at about 12am, 3 and then 5. When he wakes during the night he is crying and very upset. I don't give him a bottle until 5.30am. How do I get him to sleep through the night again?

He was sick a few weeks ago and I know that has thrown his routine out , but how do i get him back into some sort of normality? He does have a dummy but can put it back in himself and that hasn't really been a problem for us.

Thankyou

Natalie
Hi Natalie,

Just when you think you have a routine happening babies grow and they change constantly.

Watch for tired signs, grizzly, yawning, rubbing eyes, arching the back, and then start to settle using our settling techniques on ‘Your Baby’s Sleep’ page. Use the techniques for all sleeps, day and night.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic