Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

ROLLING!!! help!!! Rss

My daughter is 4 months old and has been rolling from her back to her belly for about a week. i try to leave her in her cot at night to send herself to sleep but twice she has cried violently due to getting her leg and arm stuck between the cot and the matress. so for the last 3 nights i have been making sure she is asleep before i put her down. this can take up to 1-2 hours sometimes. what should i do? i dont want her to get to used to me putting her to sleep...

thank you!

melissa kennedy

WA

mel, WA, 4mth old baby, hannah

Hi Melissa,
Can I suggest you take a look at the SIDS website and follow the guidelines for making up baby’s cot safely. You could use our settling techniques instead of letting her fall asleep and transferring her( this could cause sleep associations) The techniques are all hands on and no leaving baby but you allow baby to fall asleep independently.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Melissa, am not too sure if this will help but we have started wrapping our 4 month old again just under the arms. We also have 'roll bars' (this is what we call them - I think it is called a snuggler), and we tuck him in tight. By the morning he is unwrapped and upside down but this seems to work for us. Regards Kaz

Kaz, 2 under 3

i agree with some of the other mothers that cot bumpers work so well, when my son started to roll around at bed time and not go to sleep i just kept going in putting him on his back i know it can take a while for him to go to sleep but soon he learnt that he had to sleep and stayed there i have never put him to sleep not even when he was a baby because i have a friend who cannot break that with her 14 month old and they get to used to it
Sign in to follow this topic