Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. restless sleeper getting out of blankets and waking cold

restless sleeper getting out of blankets and waking cold Lock Rss

Hi Marie,
I have a restless 15 mth old who sleeps 12 hours a night, but in the 2nd half of her sleep (after we've gone to bed) becomes restless I guess and gets out of her blankets and wakes up cold. She will just stand up and scream for me. To get her back to sleep I either sit down with her falling asleep on my lap or I end up giving her a bottle to go back to sleep with just so I can get her back in the cot otherwise she just screams. I've tried tucking her back in (without a bottle) but she gets very distraught and comforting her whilst still in her cot doesnt seem to work. If I can just stop her getting out of the blankets my problems would be all solved!! Have tried bigger blankets that tuck under the mattress, thermostat heater in her room for when she gets out, sleeping bag...nothing works. Please help!! P.s She has one sleep a day - anything from 1 - 2hrs.

Sophie and Daniel's Mum - Tassie

Hi Sophie’s mum,

It sounds like it’s not the cold if you’re covering all those problems, I believe that Sophie is looking for your comfort in the middle of the night and associates going back to sleep with the cuddling and the bottle. If you want to change that and get Sophie sleeping independently, I suggest you follow our settling techniques for 6 to 12 month old on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page, it’s tough for a week or so but the end result is a much more restful baby and that makes it all worthwhile.

Good luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Sophie's mum,

I have a 17month old son Jakson and he used to wake all the time too.
I know have him in his winter pj's, with a polar fleece jumpsuit over the top (same as the sleepingbags but with feet in them and an oil heater.
But my friend once told me to rub EUKY BEAR RUB on the bottom of his feet as it makes them sleep better, i did this and it really does work so give it a try and see how you go.
Rachel.

Rachel, NSW, Jakson 2yrs

Sign in to follow this topic