Huggies Forum

11 month old no daytime sleep Lock Rss

My 11 month old has decided he doesn't need sleep during the day - unless I lie down with him! I am using a safety sleep however he has now learnt how to turn himself over in it. I have tried putting him down without the safety sleep but he stands himself up in his cot and screams the place down as he doesn't know how to get himself back down. He used to be a brilliant sleeper until he started crawling and now all has changed. As a last resort I will lie down with him which I know is not what is required. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rachel NZ 11mth baby

Hi,
Can I suggest you follow our settling techniques and I know it’s hard but screaming the place down is often part of the deal when you try to change a to a new routine.
The techniques offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep. If it is of any comfort my 12month old son learnt in one day.
If he is sleeping when you lay down with him then you know that he is tired so persisting with the techniques is what is needed. Do watch for tired signs and act on them straight away as an overtired baby is harder to settle.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Best of luck

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic