Huggies Forum

too many cat naps?? Rss

Hi,
I have a 7 month old baby boy who still has a little nap (ranging between 30 mins to an hour, although sometimes he surprises me and sleeps for 2 hours) after EVERY bottle!!! He's still having 5 bottles a day of 180 mls, and he'll skip a nap every now and then but when he does, he's always grumpy. I would love for him to learn how to have maybe 2 longer naps rather than 4 shorter naps. His overnight sleep is usually around 10 hours. What's most frustrating now is that I try to let him play or give him something to entertain him but he gets overtired and then I ultimately have to put him to sleep in my arms because when he's too tired, he doesn't know how to settle himself. But if he's tired, but not too tired, I can put him in his cot and he'll put himself to sleep.
Is this normal at his age???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Francia
Hi Francia,

Anything under I hour is just a catnap and yes an overtired baby is harder to settle.
Follow our feed /play/ sleep method and watch for the tired signs, then implement the settling techniques for 6 to 12 months. When doing this program you should do it for all sleeps so a clear repetitive message is taught. When he wakes after 30 mins apply the settling techniques straight away without picking him up.

Good luck, cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic