Huggies Forum

Waking Early Rss

Hi
My 7 1/2 Month old baby has slept through the night from 8 weeks old. He is usually in bed by 7-7.30pm and used to wake at 6.30-7.00am. For the last week he has been waking at 5.30am, pretty much on the dot. I tried to put him to bed a little later at 8.00pm but he still woke at 5.30am. He was breastfeed until about 5 months and then was breast and bottle fed (topped up), and for the last month he has been only have breast first feed in morning and last feed at night. For the last few days he does not seem interested in the breast so I have just given him bottle. Do you think this is whay he is waking at 5.30am now? Do you have any suggestions as to why he is doing this. I give him a bottle in his bedroom with a dim light on and put him straight back to bed and he sleeps for another 1 1/2-2 hours. Should I change formulas. He is currently having Karicare Follow on, which has been the same one all along?

Joanne, Oamaru, NZ, 4 Year Old, 16 Month Old

Hi Joanne,

So long as your son is taking this bottle without any fuss and going back to sleep quickly for the 1 ½ to 2 hours then it okay to keep giving it to him. If you start to see that he doesn’t really want it but rather plays with it and wanting to do other things, then I suggest you implement some techniques to resettle without the feed.

Good luck, cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic