Huggies Forum

4.20am Wake Up Call!! Rss

Hi Maree,

I have a son who was 2 yo in May. He has always been a great sleeper. For the past year or so he has gone to bed at 6.00pm and wakes at about 6.30 to 7.00am. BUT.... in the last 2 weeks he has been waking at 4.20 to 5.00am. He has been in a bed for some time and can now open the door handles so I get a Good Morning Mummy every morning. We have tried to put him back into bed to no avail, we have also tried to put him in bed at a later time, this also has done nothing. He still has a 2hr sleep during the day which he usually requests, and by 6 - 6.30pm is so tired he could fall asleep durung dinner!! Do you have any suggestions besides me getting up at 4.30am?

Thanks.
Hi Jen,

Try pushing the time for the nap forward a bit by say an hour, our babies and toddlers needs change constantly and you may not be able to get away without a nap altogether but if you could push it forward a little and therefore avoid the 'tea time tireds' and aim to settle about 7.30pm

As far as when he does get up early I can only suggest to persist with putting him back with the least amount of fuss each time. There must be something going around, this has been a very popular question of late.

Best of luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic