Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. 7 month old still waking for Breastfeed during the night

7 month old still waking for Breastfeed during the night Rss

Hello.

Just after some advice on how to get my little boy to sleep through. I've managed to get him into some sort of routine where he will go to bed around 8:00-8:30ish but he's still waking around 1-2am for a feed and then again at 5-6am for another feed. He's only having one side and I'm pretty sure it's just to help him get back to sleep as I don't think he's actually hungry. He's on 3 meals of solids a day (breakfast lunch and dinner) and is feeding about the same (3 times a day).

I have spoken to a midwife and a health nurse before and they have suggested resettling and even trying a drink of water but that doesn't seem to work. He'll just scream the house down until he gets what he wants. I'm sure it is just out for habit now. Even the dummy won't help!

I'd love to get a full nights sleep so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rachel (27), Aidan (2yrs 5mths) and Ryan (9 Months

Hi there. I have a nearly 7 month old who is doing pretty much the same. Even though mine will go down for the night around 7-7.30ish, easily, she still wakes 4-5 hours later and again between 4-5am, and needs that quick suck and feed to go back to sleep. She's not on a dummy and won't take a bottle as a top up. I too would love to get some feedback. I will probably try re-settling/controlled comforting over the Easter break when I will send my toddler son and husband away for the week.

I posted a message to Maree but have not had a reply as yet.
Hi,
Once you’ve decided to change a habit screaming the house down usually goes along with this for a week or so until you have broken the habit.

If you were to follow our settling techniques then you would be offering a clear and repetitive message and it would help to get the desired result quicker.

Persistence is the key and following the program carefully.

I would use the 6 to 12 month settling techniques.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Best of luck
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic