Huggies Forum

Sleeping troubles Lock Rss

my son is 15months old, he has recently started having trouble sleeping at night in his bed (in his own room). He settles down and sleeps only next to me in my bed. Iam not sure whether it is because he is becoming more attached to me (not in his nature, he's very outgong and independant child), or if its due to his teething (panadol doesnot seem to help). If i try to leave him in his bed he cries continously up 2-4 hours and even vomits sometimes (to seek attention). I don't get any sleep while he is next to me and get up cranky in the morning. I have tried many things but nothing seems to work. Do you have any advice on what can help him to sleep in his bed?
Hi,
You could try using our settling techniques which offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep, rather than just letting him cry it out.
Yes you are right the vomiting is a protest to get you attention (and it works!) try to clean him up without too much fuss and no eye contact and keep on with the techniques
So long as you continue to let him sleep with you he won’t change this and you need to make the decision to change.
You can get details for our settling program from <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> pages
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic