Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

3yearold still wants to sleep with mummy Rss

My son is 3 and still sleeps with me in bed at night, i have tried to put him in his own bed it worked a few days maybe a night, then back in the bed with me. Also his nearly 4 in july and has stopped day sleeps now but finding it ok but still he wont go down early its always later so I have to force it on him,which is always a battle,plus Im hoping to start work in a few months so I want him in bed early and in his own not asking for much am i.We do have a strong bond, been my only child at this time his always been very attached to me.I think it happened after birth instant connection.
Hi,
He likes it with you and he won’t be the one to change this and will no doubt put up a battle if you decide to change the sleeping arrangements.

BUT, you will need to be the one to make the change and as hard as it will be persisting with putting him to bed and sending him back each time will be the only way to teach him to sleep independently because he doesn’t know how to he only knows how to fall asleep with you. You must have him go to sleep on his own and in his own bed for this to happen.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic