Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Its suddenly all gone pear shaped! Lock Rss

I have had the most perfect little sleeper for the past 7 1/2 months and all of a sudden we get the 3am wake up call every night.

Background FYI
About 2 months ago he had no teeth and now he has 7 and another one coming through right now. He's routine is pretty much wake at about
6.30 - 7am and have a bottle in bed with me. Sometimes go back to bed but now he's getting up
8.30am cereal
midmorning bottle
nap if I'm lucky
11.30am - 12pm lunch
midafternoon bottle and snack
nap if I'm lucky
6pm bath
6.30pm dinner
7.30pm bottle
bed between 8 - 8.30pm

Then we normally stay in bed for an hour before he wants to get up again for half an hour or so

Then finally back to bed

Then at 3am he wakes up crying. I go in,put the dummy in but if I don't get in there quick enough....he's AWAKE....and once he's awake he sticks his arms in the air wanting to be picked up. Hes better if my husband goes in but you can imagine that this isn't always the popular way to go about it (with my husband that is!)

I thought I'd try the controlled crying thing, but I'm sure it just kept the whole neighbourhood up for over an hour.

In the end I find the only way to settle him is taking him into the spare room and falling asleep beside him. I'm just worried that I'm starting a routine as the other night after he'd cried for about half an hour I finally picked him up and he giggled at me!

PLEASE HELP....
Hi Cohen’s mum,

This sounds like the classic, just what I went through! Do try our settling techniques for 6 to 12 months on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page, I know it’s hard but what you are doing is hard as well, have a good read through the pages or get hold of my DVD & Book <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's time to sleep</a> you will think you are watching your own story.

Cheers Maree.

It's Time to Sleep

Thanks!
Sign in to follow this topic