Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

sleeping is a nightmare Rss

hi well my daughter is almost 15 months old and since she hit about 6 mths of age she stopped sleeping as good as she was teething now we are still having problems with her sleeping she still has more teeth to come. once in a blue moon she might sleep a couple of nights if we are lucky she goes to bed fine off to sleep by herself and then she just wakes up anywhere between 11 and 3 and she wont go back to sleep on her own she just grizzles and she ends up in our bed half the time cause we have just got to the stage where we will do anything to get some sleep we have tryed everything from nightlights to controlled crying and so many other things i can understand that some of the time it is her teeth but most the other times i just think she has got so used to waking up and not going back to sleep i know putting her in bed with us is a no no but what else am i meant to do we are having our second baby in december and we would really like her to be sleeping by then but i dont think she will ever start to sleep the whole night through she slept better when she was a newborn baby then what she does now do u have any ideas how can we make her sleep? would really appreciate some help if you have some ideas thanx nat
Hi Nat,

Try our sleep program for 6 to 12 months on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page or get a copy of my DVD & Book <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's time to sleep</a>. Your daughter will be teething on and off until she is about 3 so I would not let teething get in the way of using our settling techniques unless she has a fever with the teething, a bit of teething gel and a bit of baby paracetamol will help. She is looking for your presence and comfort in the middle of the night and putting her in bed with you will become a habit hard to break, so give it a go.

Best of luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic