Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

odd sleep patterns Rss

i have a 11 week old who i am trying to get into a routine. i have read so much info on the getting to teach your baby to self settle.i am curious to know why my son can sometimes put himself back to sleep, and other days he cant. he his still not sleeping through the night. he has a dummy which he can sometimes go without during the day but come night he has to have it.i am getting up 2-4 times at night, put the dummy back in and turn him to his other side (he wont sleep on his back), and he goes back to sleep.i have tried to take the dummy away but i cannot handle the screaming that goes on.is there a solution to that. How long is it before he no longer requires his night feeds?if i give more frequent feeds during the day would that help him sleep longer an night.he is on formula a bottle every 3 1/2 to 4hrs.sorry for all the questions

vickie,sa,8week old

Hi,
Getting baby to sleep independently is about settling them awake into the cot and the best way to do this is follow a feed/play/sleep routine and if you can’t get rid of the dummy altogether try removing it just before sleep comes so it’s not the last thing her remembers before falling asleep.
At 6months you could try to stop the overnight feed but until then expect to be giving one overnight feed. If you start more frequent feeds this will only end up a problem for you.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic