Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

At my wits end... Lock Rss

Hi Maree,
I've posted a message in the toddler sleep column, but after some scouting about, I've found you and hope that you can help or guide me in some way. Needless to say, I'm here because I'm desperate and feel I'm going down the road of depression again. My son is now 2 1/2 months old and I feel I have tried most methods of sleep with limited success. My son has never been a good sleeper, and I know we made many mistakes along the way. I'm a full time working Mum that is not coping with ongoing lack of sleep. Over the last school holidays I made a commitment to modify his sleeping pattern by undertaking a commitment to controlled crying. In the ten night period, none of us got any sleep as he was just so resilliant. Having felt I had failed (and I had), I contacted my health nurse who spent a lot of time talking with me and confirmed that he had some very ingrained sleep habits and that I needed professional support to guide me through this. She referred me onto 'Riverstone' (sounds something like that) in Brisbane - and I was to join the program over the next few weeks, only this week we got a call to say my son was too old (over 2)! I'm devastated as he has a history of these troubles. I don't think I can go on, and my husband keeps making excuses for these ongoing patterns. I've looked at your column and noted that it doesn't specify for over 1's. I have been told that I should've expected a change in sleeping patterns since he turned 2, but this has been ongoing. Do you know of any programs that I could physically access in the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area? Thanks for your time.

Louise, Finlay (4 Feb, 02), Mackenzie (18 Jan, 06)

Hi Louise,

I feel you need more than just a few words of encouraging advice, Rhonda Abrahams as it happens is in Tweed Heads this week and I am going to pass on her mobile number for you to contact her, she is on holiday but may be able to help you. Mobile No 0412 363 390

Please let me know how you get on, and if you can’t make contact I’d like you to tell me more about your sons sleeping patterns.

Good luck, cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic