Huggies Forum

Has to be rocked or patted to sleep. Lock Rss

Hi,
I have a 3 month old boy who has reflux and is a terrible sleeper. He catnaps through the day of 30 minute sleeps then has last feed around 8.30pm and wakes at 6.00 am (which is not my problem here). During the day he has trouble going off to sleep on his own. He has to be physically rocked or patted until he is completely asleep. He won't fall asleep in the car he will just scream his head off until he is worn out or I have had enough and go home. Every alternate day he will have long day sleeps but then the next day he catnaps. He throws his feeds out as sometimes he is that tired he sleeps over. Can you suggest anything to help
Hi,
Can I suggest you get into a feed/play/sleep routine and use settling techniques when he shows tired signs and settle him awake into his cot. Do be careful not to pat him off to sleep through follow the program carefully. An overtired baby is harder to settle.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi
Just wondering what you are doing to combat the reflux? If you are feeding him immediately before putting to bed he may not have all his wind up. As Maree suggested a feed play sleep routine will help him to get up wind before retiring to the cot. Which in turn can help him to sleep for longer periods.
If you have to pat him to sleep, try patting the mattress instead of him until he isn't restless and then leave him to fall asleep alone......just a suggestion. HTh

gasp)

Sign in to follow this topic