Huggies Forum

8 month old, not sleeping at all!! Lock Rss

I have a 8 and a half month old son, and he has never slept through a full night since he was born!!!
I have tried everything that doctors, and other mothers and some experts have suggested, but nothing seems to work!!! My doctor has even given Phernergan is sedate him at night, but he only lasts 4 hours on that stuff, although its not recommended for infants...He won't sleep in his cot, if i put him in there whilst he is asleep, he wakes up straight away!!! I have at least 4 hours sleep every night to the fact my son sleeps with me cause he won't sleep in his cot...He always wakes up screaming, and i know he's going through teething at the moment, but thats not the problem, its the not sleeping the full night ever since he was born is the problem, is this normal, i think not!!! PLEASE HELP, I'm exhausted and grumpy!!! Thank you!!!

Renee, NSW, mother of 2

Hi,
Your son doesn’t know how to sleep without you and unless you teach him to sleep independently this probably won’t change.

I suggest you try our controlled comforting techniques and really give it a good couple of weeks it can’t be any harder than what you are going through now.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic