Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Starting all over again with 7.5 mth old... Lock Rss

Hi Maree

My 7.5 month old was, up until recently, sleeping through from 6.30 pm until about 7.00 am. However, last week she was sick (and also teething) and as a result, her sleeping pattern has changed dramatically!

She is now going down at about 7.00 pm and wakes at least 3 times during the night and must be rocked to sleep as she will not go back to sleep on her own. Should I give her a week or so and see what happens or do I need to start the "control crying" techniques?

Help!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi,

I would start the settling techniques straight away. The longer you keep up the rocking the harder it will be to change. She may also be going through 8 month separation anxiety as well so you are wise to do something about it now and not wait.

Good luck, cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Marie

Despite some reservations, my husband and I decided enough was enough and we would give the "comfort crying" a go. So on Saturday night we prepared ourselves for the worst. While it was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to leave our little girl to cry we found that she settled herself after an hour (seemed like a year!) and then slept through the night! The second night the crying went down to 30 minutes, the third 20 mins and last night just 15 minutes. She is sleeping through every night! I can't believe we didn't try your techniques sooner...!

So THANK YOU very much - it has made the world of difference!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Sign in to follow this topic