Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sleeping through Lock Rss

I have recently started back at work and since then our 10 month baby girl has had problems sleeping through the night. She has always been a good sleeper even though there have been nights previous to my returning to work that were unsettling. She settles really well at the start but by about 2.30am wakes up and finds it very difficult to re-settle. After about an hour of trying to re-settle her she ends up in bed with us which is not good for anyone in the end.I am a firm believer in the 2 minute progression routine and am quite prepared to continue with it. Up untill now though she has slept in our room in her cot but I think my daughter has switched on to the fact that we are in the room and sees no reason why we shouldn't pick her up (I know I would). Firstly do you think I am on the right track about putting her in her own room before she is 12 months old and secondly besides continuing with the 2 minute re-settle routine do you or anyone else have any other ideas.

Maree,Vic, Lula

Hi,
Yes I would move her to her own room and you could start using the controlled comforting techniques to help her to sleep independently.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic