Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. 14 month boy sleeps great at night but won't sleep in car seat or buggy if we go out

14 month boy sleeps great at night but won't sleep in car seat or buggy if we go out Lock Rss

Hi. My 14 month boy is in a great routine sleeping all night and over the last couple of months has started sleeping really well during the day - only if he is in his own bed. If we go out, despite his obvious tiredness, he just won't give in to sleep in the car seat or the buggy. This is frustrating as I feel that we can't go out anywhere as he gets too tired. If we travel any great distance he might fall asleep after 1 1/2 hours of travelling by which time we have reached our destinaton and have to wake him up. I don't want to ruin his great routine but at the same time we need to get our 3 1/2 year old out and about. Please can you help??
Hi,
You’re lucky you have such a great home routine and children are creatures of habit.

Just do your best when you are out, don’t make battle out of it. Second and third children in all families just learn to adapt.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic