Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. 3month old wont sleep and 21month old has nightmares

3month old wont sleep and 21month old has nightmares Lock Rss

HI,
This may seem like a stupid question, but I have tried everything and am still having troubles, our first son was so easy and our new son Zak is so different!
Our son Zak is almost 3 months, and from the day he was born he has been a catnapper, he has now been put on neocate for protein intolerance and is still the same, he only sleeps for 20-30 mins during the day unless I put him in the swing, and he will sleep for about an hour. at night he is a bit better, he goes 9pm-4am. But also, when trying to get him off to sleep he screams endlessly and even more when I put him down. We are wrapping him, although he seems to be struggling to get out so he can suck his fists! HELP PLEASE

also, our 21month old, Seth was a great sleeper, but since potty training he seems to be having nightmares and waking up screaming and kicking and being really unsettled for almost half an hour. What can I do to dtop this????

Thanks heaps
Hi,
You would do well to follow a feed/play/sleep routine and feed when baby wakes (or due) play and then watch for tired signs and then settle him awake into the cot.
You would be best just to put your older toddler straight back to bed when this happens.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic