Huggies Forum

Not sleeping through the night? Lock Rss

My daughter is nearly 11 months old. She slept really well from 6 weeks until she was about 6 months and since then she probably sleeps through about 1 night out of 7! She used to be relatively easy to get back to sleep and I would just tuck her back in and rub her head and she would be fine. She got sick about three weeks ago with vomiting and diarrohea and then got a cold straight after that so as you can imagine she was particularly bad at this time. This went on for about two weeks and most nights I would end up sleeping with her in our spare bed as this is the only way she would settle and the only way I was getting any sleep. Anyway I seem to have started a very bad habit and now she doesn't want to sleep without me and wakes up every night and I can't get her to go back to sleep and if she does she will wake up again shortly after. The moment I hop in to bed with her she falls straight to sleep. I hate leaving her to cry but don't know what to do and I really want to break this habit as I know its not good. Have you got any suggestions?
Hi,
It’s easy to create these habits when baby has been sick.
The techniques we use offer a clear and repetitive message and it may only take a week or so to get her sleeping through the night on her own
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic