Huggies Forum

Sleeping through Lock Rss

My 9 month old daughter still wakes once a night for a feed. She goes to bed around 8:15 and wakes anywhere from 2-4am, has a bottle, then sleeps to 6:30/7am. I've tried not feeding her, but she just wakes up again 20 minutes later. I've tried a rollover feed, but she then woke herself for the rollover and again in the early hours. She is a small baby (8.3kg, but bottom 3%in height) and is extremely active (crawling sice 6 months, cruising at 7 months, letting go and standing alone now). She is a self settler. She talks to herself for about 10 minutes every night before going to sleep, and we hear her wake up, play or kick, then go to sleep throughout the night. Could she genuinely be hungry? If I don't do controlled crying will she eventually sleep through, or must I do something to teach her how? I've tried controlled crying, but she will go for 1 hour, getting more and more upset, until I give in. Also, after a few days it starts to work, then a week later we have to do it all again. I'm not prepared to go through this anxiety over and over. Am I doomed to always be woken?

Sharyn,NSW

Hi,
She may be hungry are you happy with her daily intake?
A rollover feed (after 6 months) is designed to give you confidence that baby is not hungry when they wake again during the night and to go straight into settling techniques.
I would follow our settling techniques carefully and persist for a week or so. They offer a repetitive message. You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic