Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. I know she can sleep on her own so why won't she? Please Help

I know she can sleep on her own so why won't she? Please Help Lock Rss

Hello

My name is Olivia and I have a 15 month old daughter Haley.

Haley has always been able to settle herself to sleep and usually slept through the night (maybe sometimes waking once). She and I have been sick lately and now that we are both better, she refuses to go to sleep on her own, I have to be in her room with her.

She does however go to bed independantly the first time at 8 -8:30 after having her bottle, she gives me the bottle when she has had enough and says "Ta" waves to me rolls over and goes to sleep, and then during the night she will wake up to 3 -4 times and refuses to settle again. I have read the tips on how to settle your baby"It's time to sleep" but it seems to me that she is in between those age groups and won't let me pat her on the bottom or back OR lay her down.

I don't know what to do as I am getting around 3 -4 hours a night sleep and it is not in 1 block.

C/C use to work but not now, I have tried everything already and it has been 1 1/2 weeks already.

Please help me I am open to any suggestions

Thank you
Very tired
Olivia

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Hi,
This is a hard age as they will fight the techniques but not old enough to use any good bribery. Try to persist with the lay her down and patting. My son was 12months old and it can be a battle I know.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic