Huggies Forum

S Lock Rss

Hi, I have a son who is just over 2 and a daughter who is 7.5 months and neither of them sleep through the night (and never have).
My son goes to sleep around 7:30 most nights on the floor in the lounge room. We then transfer him to his bed. He always wakes at least once through the night in tears crying that he wants his daddy/mommy. Normally the only thing that settles him is my husband hoping into bed with him. We have tried letting him cry but it wakes my daughter up.
My daughter normally goes to bed around the same time. I generally feed her to sleep. Lately she has been waking aroung 4 times a night. When she wakes the first time, I put her in bed with us (often my husband is already in bed with my son) and feed her. When she wakes again through the night, I feed her. I have tried not feeding her but she gets upset and cries which then wakes my son up.
How do I get them both to sleep through the night without each of them disturbing the others sleep? At least with the current arrangement, we get some sleep but I don't want my daughter to develop the same habits as my son. I haven't had a full nights sleep since my son was born! And it would be nice for my husband and I to spend a full night in bed together.
Please help.

tina f

Hi,
It’s quite simple your children do not know how to sleep without you and unless you teach them to sleep independently this isn’t likely to change.
The thing is you are all enduring broken sleep now so if you were to persist for a week or 2 with following a settling program you would all be much happier and sleeping peacefully in the end. I know this because these are all the things I used to do with my son and then taught him in one night how to sleep through.
This is why I am here now – Give it a go
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic