Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

3 and a half month old - sleeping at night Lock Rss

Am I wrong to want my 3 1/2 month old baby to sleep all night.

She has a bottle by 6pm sleeps until between midnight and 1pm (this has changed since daylight savings). I have to go in and settle her. She will go back to sleep straight away.

She then wakes between 3.30 and 5.30am for a bottle. She used to settle straight away and go back to sleep, now it can take me an hour to get her back to sleep.

She now wakes between 5 - 5.30 of a morning and thats it.

She is on 5 180ml bottles in a 24 hour period.

How do I get her to sleep all night. Or is it two early to expect this.

She also has a dummy - I would love to get rid of this.

Kylie (Amy's mum)
Hi, I have a three month old too, and is a really bad sleeper, we are taking him to karitane next week cause nothing we do works!!!!!!!!!
Sleeping for about 5hours at night for this age is "Normal" but not great
How are her sleeps during the day?
Our son is a catnapper, and when he is awake he is not happy!

We have a 22mth old, who was so easy and sleeping so much better!

As for the dummy, if it works, use it! Our first, Seth had one and we got rid of it at 11mths, but Zak hasnt had one at all!

If you would like to talk more email me at [email protected]

Good luck MIchelle
Hi Kylie,
At 6 months you could expect a baby to sleep 7pm to 7am but until then you should expect to have one overnight feed.
Getting rid of the dummy would be up to you, but the best way is take it away just before sleep comes so it’s not the last thin she remembers before falling asleep.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Kylie,
I am breastfeeding my 3 1/2 month old and have the same problems. I started to give her the bath and last feed later usually between 7:30pm and 9pm, I found that putting her to bed later allowed me to to use more of her sleep time to sleep myself as Im just not ready to go to bed at 7pm.

It works sometimes and she sleeps that little bit later in the morning which allows me to catch up a little bit if its been a tough night.

I hope you find some of this useful as I know exactly what you are going through.

I'm also going to start trying the "rollover feed" when I am getting ready to go to sleep so hopefully she sleeps a bit longer. Fingers crossed!

Amanda (Charlottes Mum)

Amanda,Perth,nearly 10 Month baby Girl

Sign in to follow this topic