Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Suggestions. Lock Rss

My baby is 6 months old, he has never been a good sleeper (neither am I) At first he was waking every hour or so, just as I was getting back to sleep he was waking again. But we started formula and thank goodness that has settled down. He is 6months old and usually goes to bed from 8-9 oclock, he then wakes up around 12ish then some times 4ish. He usually drinks most of his bottle then goes back to sleep usually with no trouble. I was told by my mother in law I should re place it with water but because he is not a big drinker during the day 3-4 bottles at 150mls and not a big eater I kind don't want to deprive him of it just incase he needs it. During the day he usually has 2-3 sleeps around an hour long, He goes to sleep with a dummy but as soon as he is asleep I take it out cause I don't want him to get used to waking up with it and wanting it when it has dropped out. Hence why I don't want him to have it at night time when he wakes up instead of a bottle, Is this wrong, I usually go to bed a 9.30 to try and get some sleep,cause I don't sleep well so the 11pm roll over doesnt really work, Plus I try and feed him just before bed so he proberly wouldnt drink any way.. What am I surpose to be doing. Help, sleepless mum. (he usually whinges for about 10min before screaming the house down usually and wont settle without a bottle of milk.

Sam Qld,

Hi,
At 6 months a baby should be able to sleep from 7pm to 7am without a feed
You will find that he is not eating as much during the day because he has had a lot overnight and you would be better to persist with more in take during the day and not doing the overnight feeding.
To do this you might need to follow our settling program during the night and it can take a couple of weeks to work.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic