Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Daytime Catnapper Lock Rss

Hi,

My baby girl, Olivia is 6 and a half months. She has always been a terrific nighttime sleeper (touch wood) sleeping about 12 hours a night. We had problems early on getting her to settle but after trying controlled comforting she settles very well both at night and during the day.

Our problem is that her daytime sleeps are only for 36 mins (yep I've timed them!). She has about 5 or 6 of these naps a day. I have tried repeatedly to resettle her but it very very rarely works. She wakes up from her nap very happy and ready to play.

I try to do the Feed, Play, Sleep but it's hard with her sleep pattern. Her day is more Feed, Play, Sleep, Play, Sleep, Feed etc.

After a nap she usually only lasts an hour to an hour and a half before she's showing tired sighns again and I put her down. I have also tried to extend her up time in an effort to get her to nap longer but it just makes her irritable and hard to settle and she still only has a catnap.

I don't mind that she needs so many sleeps, it's more that she is only awake and happy for such a short time in between.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, anything under one hour is a cat nap.

I have to say, persist with the resettling for 20 mins and then get her up and try again next sleep.

Please write back and tell me exactly how you are putting her down to sleep and what you do when resettling.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic